A fire, possibly caused by a power strip, began at about 2:30 a.m. Sunday at a home on Morgan Road between Sandy Plains and Piedmont roads, said Dennell Boyd, spokeswoman for Marietta Fire.
It took six fire engines, two staff cars, one ladder truck, one rescue unit and three special units to battle the fire at the two-story brick home.
Two of the 36 responding firefighters were injured. Boyd would not say what the extent of their injuries are and would not release their names.
The injured firefighters were taken to WellStar Kennestone Hospital, but the four residents of the home made it out of the house uninjured. The homeowner woke to the smell of smoke, Boyd said, and was able to get everyone outside.
The cause of the fire is not considered suspicious, Boyd said.