Nonprofit housing counselors on-site will include Catholic Charities, Center for Pan Asian Community Services, CredAbility, D & E Group, Help the People, National Urban League, NID-Atlanta, NID-Southern Crescent and Refugee Family Assistance Program.
Homeowners will be seen on a first-come, first-served basis and should bring all mortgage documents, income documents, and hardship letters. A full list of the necessary documents can be found at www.MakingHomeAffordable.gov and www.HOPENOW.com.
Career expo coming Jan. 23
Diversity Hiring will hold a career expo Jan. 23 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Cobb Galleria Centre, located at Two Galleria Parkway. The expo will feature a number of employers, educational institutions, and resource agencies that provide assistance to job seekers. The employers will be hiring or discussing present and future employment opportunities, while other organizations will provide educational and other resources.
Among those expected to participate in the expo include AT&T, Consort Institute, CredAbility, CVS Caremark, Drive Time, Farmers Insurance, Georgia College of Construction, HBCUcareers.com, ProvNet Strategies, Primerica, Southern Polytechnic State University, The Art Institutes, University of Phoenix, U.S. Customs and Border Protection, U.S. Department of State, Virtuous Career Services, and Wells Fargo.
For additional information, call Cobb-Cherokee Career Center at (770) 528-6100.
- The Southern Volleyball Tournament, A5 Volleyball Club for The Hope and Will First Lady’s Challenge is coming to the Cobb Galleria Centre Feb. 16 through 18. The competition will include 18 volleyball courts with up to 5,000 in attendance.
A5 represents one of the most competitive volleyball clubs of the South and one of the top ten clubs in the United States. Tournaments are open to the public, and admission is $5 a day. Competition will begin at 8 a.m. on Saturday, Feb. 16.
- Cobb Galleria Centre and Cobb Energy Performing Arts Centre recently released their joint 2012 annual report.
Cobb Galleria Centre and Cobb Energy Centre created 1,130 jobs in 2012 and generated more than $112 million in overall economic impact for Cobb County and the State of Georgia.
In 2012, the Cobb Galleria Centre produced a total of 613 events with attendance of 278,552. The Cobb Energy Centre hosted a total of 237 events with attendance of 221,000.
- Bank of North Georgia, a division of Synovus Bank, announced that Eric Klein has been named Senior Vice President, Corporate Banking.
- Tournament Magic, a premier youth sports production company, has partnered with local Pinnacle Orthopaedics to provide on-site care for athletes at its volleyball tournament, A-Town Showdown at the Georgia World Congress Center on Jan. 19-21.
- Peregrine’s Landing at Peachtree Creek will hold a ribbon cutting at its Memory Care community on Jan. 29, from 2 to 4 p.m. at 4375 Beech Haven Trail in Smyrna. For information, call Jona Olivia Payne at (770) 803-0100.
- Georgia real estate customers, practitioners and legal professionals can now access information on a broad range of industry topics at the Georgia Real Estate InfoBase Project, a free online resource presented by the Georgia Real Estate Commission and the Georgia State University Department of Real Estate.
Visit gareinfobase.org for more information.