Man hospitalized with burns in barbecue explosion
by Associated Press Wire
December 31, 2012 02:30 PM | 444 views | 0 0 comments | 3 3 recommendations | email to a friend | print
LONG BEACH, Calif. (AP) — A Southern California man has been hospitalized after a barbecue exploded and touched off a house fire.

City News Service says the Long Beach man was lighting a barbecue in the rear portion of his home when there was a flash explosion just before dawn on Monday.

The blast sparked a small fire that was quickly extinguished by firefighters

The man is in a hospital with second-degree burns on his face. His name hasn’t been released.

Comments
(0)
Comments-icon Post a Comment
No Comments Yet
*We welcome your comments on the stories and issues of the day and seek to provide a forum for the community to voice opinions. All comments are subject to moderator approval before being made visible on the website but are not edited. The use of profanity, obscene and vulgar language, hate speech, and racial slurs is strictly prohibited. Advertisements, promotions, and spam will also be rejected. Please read our terms of service for full guides