The City of Marietta, Life University and Southern Polytechnic State University are hosting a series of events for Halloween lovers of all ages to benefit Marietta’s Police Athletic League at Life University, 1269 Barclay Circle in Marietta, starting at 5 p.m.
The festival will include:
* Haunted Hustle 5K, 5 p.m., $25 registration fee, starts at SPSU and ends at Life University.
* Graveyard Scramble, 1-mile run, 6 p.m., $25 registration fee, starts at Barclay Circle at Life University.
* Yellow Brick Road Tot Trot, 6:15 p.m., $10 registration fee, Life University Lyceum Park.
* Barbecue dinner, upper parking lot Lyceum Park, 6 to 7:30 p.m., $5, admission included in registration for race participants.
* “Hocus Pocus,” Standard Process Amphitheater, 7:15 to 9:30 p.m., $2, admission included in registration for race participants.
* Haunted Village, 19th century village, 7:15 to 9:30 p.m., $1, admission included in registration for race participants.
* Haunted Photo Booth, Lyceum Park, 7:15to 9:30 p.m., $1 admission.
* Children’s games and activities, costume contest and refreshments, Lyceum Park, Park, 5 to 7:30 p.m.
Other weekend activities throughout the Marietta community include:
* 6th Annual “Hallow-Wine” wine tasting, Marietta Wine Market, 18 Powder Springs St. S.E., 2 to 4 p.m., $10 per person.
* “Halloween Costume Yappy Hour,” at Hemmingway’s Bar and Grill, 29 West Park Square, 5 to 7 p.m., $10 per person.
* “Marietta Zombie Walk,” Glover Park in the Marietta Square, 5 p.m. The walk is an organized public gathering of people dressed up in zombie costumes. Carnival of Doom is sponsoring the event and donations will go to MUST Ministries.
* “Undead Movie Marathon,” Strand Theatre, 114 N. Park Square, starting at 2 p.m., $15, four movies will be shown throughout the day.
* “Halloween 2010 at the Marlow House,” Marlow House, 192 Church St., 8 p.m. to midnight, $15 per person, RSVP to (770) 426-1887.
* 11th Annual Fall Festival of Fun, Cobb Safety Village, 1220 Al Bishop Drive, 4 to 7 p.m., hosted by the Cobb County Parks, Recreation and Cultural Affairs Department and Cobb County 4-H and Cobb Safe Kids programs. The festival will include arts and crafts, games, inflatable rides, police and fire prevention activities, costume and coloring contests and a photo booth. Parking, admission, games, candy and contests are free.
* “Undead: A Halloween Party for the Living,” The Brickyard at Marietta Station, 129 Church St., 8 p.m., $20 in advance, $30 at the door.
* 2011 Allergy Friendly Halloween, “Trunk or Safe Treat,” Atlanta Allergy and Asthma Clinic/Marietta Eye Clinic, 895 Canton Road, 3:30 to 5:30 p.m., food, fun, prices and games, costume and trunk contests.
* Sunday, the silent film “Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde,” Strand Theatre, 3 p.m., $6 for seniors/students, $7 for adults.