Buying a home is one of the most important financial investments you are likely to make. Because of that, it's critical to make the right decisions at each and every stage of the the buying process.
And whether you're a new home buyer or an experienced one, there are missteps that you'll want to avoid.
Here are seven home buying mistakes that could cost you money:
- Working without a buyer's agent
- Ignorance of the local real estate market
- Making an offer that is not packaged
- Exposing yourself to excessive risks
- Hesitation - not acting quickly enough
- Choosing the wrong mortgage or lender
- Not understanding how to properly hold your title
Confused? Don't be...
An experienced, local real estate agent can help you through the home buying process. They'll know the ins and outs of the local market, the neighborhoods and the best schools. They know traffic patterns, the up and coming areas and can help match your needs to a the right home.
They'll also understand and guide you through 'the process' of purchasing a home, including:
- How to begin searching for a home
- How to make an offer
- What to ask for from the seller
- How to negotiate
- Who to contact for services – a handyman, inspectors, attorneys, foundation experts, etc
Mac Scheidegger is the owner of STEP Realty, Inc., a Mableton real estate agency focused on helping clients with every stage of the home buying and home selling process . With over 16 years in the Mableton, Smyrna and the Vinings area, Mac is a local real estate expert. Mac can be found at www.steprealty.us