Also, Home Depot will recruit bilingual supervisors who are fluent in both Spanish and English from 10 a.m. to noon Thursday at the same location. Applicants must have a high school diploma or GED and have at least one year of supervisory experience.
Additionally, the Georgia Department of Labor announced that beginning next week, all unemployment insurance benefits in Georgia will be paid electronically and that paper checks will no longer be issued. The GDOL has begun mailing the new UI Way2Go Debit MasterCard to current recipients of jobless benefits paid by paper checks. The debit cards will become effective Nov. 2. Those who prefer direct deposit will continue to have that option.
Mall offers Halloween event
CUMBERLAND — Cumberland Mall will host a mall-wide trick or treat event from 6 to 9 p.m. today. Participating retailers will provide a safe atmosphere and give out treats. A make-and-take craft activity will start at 5 p.m. on the lower level near Sears.
* Henssler Financial, an independent financial advisory and wealth management firm, has promoted D.J. Barker, Will Bowen, Tommy Cole and K.C. Smith to be associates.
* BlueWave Computing, LLC, based in Smyrna, was named the winner of the 2012 Consumers’ Choice Award in the category of Managed IT Support. The managed IT support company has been named the Consumers’ Choice Award Managed IT Support winner for the past three years.
* Community & Southern Bank has introduced a new mobile app available for iPhones, Droids, Blackberry phones and tablets for mobile deposit; to view and search account history; transfer funds between accounts; pay bills; and access branch locations, as well as driving directions. An in-branch promotion will take place on Nov. 5 for customers to register for a free iPhone in multiple branch locations, with winners being awarded by Dec. 31.
* Walmart has opened a temporary hiring center at 1151 Powder Springs St. in Marietta to accept applications for 90 jobs staffing its new Neighborhood Market store nearby. The store is hiring full- and part-time associates, and most will start work in November to help prepare the store for its grand opening early next year.
The hiring center is open Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
* Medtech College, on Circle 75 Parkway, has been recognized as one of the Achievers 50 Most Engaged Workplaces in the United States. Medtech College was honored along with other recipients of the award recently in San Francisco, Calif.
Ga. loses jobs in construction
ATLANTA — A national trade association says Georgia lost roughly 4,800 construction jobs in the past year.
The Associated General Contractors of America released state-by-state figures Tuesday that showed Georgia with 140,900 construction workers in September, down 3 percent from the same month last year.
In metro Atlanta, which has been hit particularly hard by the recession’s steep decline in home building, construction jobs were down 6 percent.