At the third biannual Academia Industry Forum: Creation of the Chemical Entrepreneur, Terry Say, principal at Say Consulting, LLC, will discuss the process of turning a discovery in chemistry into a business. Charles L. Liotta, chair of the School of Chemistry and Biochemistry at Georgia Institute of Technology, will discuss research collaborations between universities and industry. Other speakers will address patenting inventions; developing a commercial product; and government regulations.
The forum will be Friday, from 8:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. at Kennesaw State University, in the new Science Lab Building.
For more information, contact Dr. Mark Mitchell, chair of the department of chemistry and biochemistry, by email at email@example.com or 770-423-6159.
Novelis reports $62M income
KENNESAW — Novelis, a global aluminum rolling and recycling company, reported second-quarter fiscal 2013 net income, excluding special items, of $62 million and adjusted EBITDA of $277 million and solid cash flow before CapEx of $153 million.
* The family law firm of Warner, Bates, McGough & McGinnis has been awarded a Tier 1 Ranking in the 2013 edition of U.S. News & World Report’s “Best Law Firms.” Attorneys Edward E. Bates, Jr., Barry B. McGough, and C. Wilbur Warner Jr. have been named three of Georgia’s top family law attorneys in U.S. News & World Report’s “Best Lawyers in America” guide.
Warner, Bates, McGough & McGinnis is located in the Cumberland area of Cobb.
* Futurity First Insurance Group, an independent nationwide insurance distribution organization, has appointed Eugene Young and LaChelle Bronson as co-managers of the Marietta branch. Young and Bronson are co-founders of DIA Financial, LLC based in Marietta. The new office is at 1110 Northchase Parkway, Suite 175 in Marietta.
* In honor of Veterans Day, the attorneys at Worrall Law LLC will offer free healthcare directives to active and retired military personnel, veterans, police, fire and first responders in the community from Nov. 12-16. Those eligible should call 770-425-6060 to make an appointment to legally document their medical and/or end-of-life wishes.
Worrall Law is at 109 Anderson St., Suite 100, Marietta.
* Gas South employees have collected food and supplies to ship a church on Staten Island, N.Y. The donation drive is part of Gas South Cares, the natural gas supplier’s company-wide initiative to give back to the communities it serves.
Gas South, a natural gas marketer in Georgia, is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Cobb EMC.
* The Georgia Department of Labor will hold a career expo with Diversity Hiring tomorrow from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Cobb Galleria Centre, at Two Galleria Parkway. The expo will feature the Atlanta Police Department, Charter Insurance Company, Consort Institute, DeVry University, DiversityHiringExpos.com, Excel Logistics, Inc., Georgia Army National Guard, Georgia College of Construction, HBCUcareers.com, Keller School of Management, Liberty Mutual Insurance Company, Primerica Financial Services, ProvNet Strategies, Prudential Life Insurance Company, Southern Polytechnic State University, The Art Institute, Trinity Broadcasting Network (TBN), Travelers Insurance Company, U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration, University of Phoenix, Virtuous Career Services, and West Georgia Technical College, a unit of the Technical College System of Georgia. For more information, contact the Cobb-Cherokee Career Center at (770) 528-6100.