Judge lets DeKalb school district drop from suit
by Associated Press Wire
April 02, 2013 11:45 AM | 295 views | 0 0 comments | 3 3 recommendations | email to a friend | print
ATLANTA (AP) — A federal judge has granted a request from the DeKalb County school district to allow it to withdraw from a lawsuit against the state.

The district last week said it wished to withdraw, but that former board chairman Eugene Walker intends to continue the challenge.

The lawsuit challenges the constitutionality of a law that allowed the governor to suspend six members of the nine-member school board after an accreditation agency put the district on probation.

The board made up of six new members appointed by the governor and three old members voted last month to withdraw from the lawsuit. Walker said then that he would use his own money to continue his challenge.

The judge also granted a request to withdraw from the lawyers who represented the district and Walker.

Comments
(0)
Comments-icon Post a Comment
No Comments Yet
*We welcome your comments on the stories and issues of the day and seek to provide a forum for the community to voice opinions. All comments are subject to moderator approval before being made visible on the website but are not edited. The use of profanity, obscene and vulgar language, hate speech, and racial slurs is strictly prohibited. Advertisements, promotions, and spam will also be rejected. Please read our terms of service for full guides