SAN ANTONIO (AP) — A Christmas sleigh that burned has some charity officials in South Texas trying to find other ways to hit the road and spread holiday spirit.
Authorities say the fire broke out Saturday night at a San Antonio heating and air conditioning business where the highway-drivable vehicle was having some work done.
Owner Don Rackler says some type of electrical short in the sleigh’s lighting system apparently started the fire.
KENS-TV reported Monday that the bright red sleigh is the size of a truck and is street legal. Rackler uses it to help several nonprofit groups in fundraising efforts.
Rackler is working on fixing the sleigh in time for the holidays.
Information from: KENS-TV.